A Simple Little Study
But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.
1. There is wisdom in not getting my way all the time (willing to yield to others).
2. Wisdom is gently presented and not “in your face.”
3. Wisdom is related to good deeds and not selfishness, stubbornness, or pride.
4. Wisdom is for everyone not just some (Psalm 19:7)
5. Wisdom is honest & genuine, not for show or to win an argument but to point everyone (even the sharer) to Truth.
Colossians 3:13 Make allowances for each other’s faults...
Proverbs 24:17 Don’t rejoice when your enemy stumbles...
Hebrews 10:24 Encourage each other towards love & good deeds...
Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Psalm 19:7 God’s Truth makes even the simple wise...
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Turn the Facts into points of Prayer:
Help me to yield to others in preference for truth to be heard. Help me not to try and be the “winner”of every discussion but have a genuine concern for the hearts of others. Help my priority to be doing good things and to encourage others to do good things too. Thank you that you have shown us in your Word the good deeds you have for me to do so that people can be pointed to your Son, Jesus, in whose name I pray, amen.